Tuesday 6 February 2007

HELP!!!!!

What can help you recover from the disorder:

1) Speak positively to yourself. I constantly challenged the voice and fears inside me that underminded my needs, rights, and desires.

2) Create visual reminders. I surrounded myself with books, pictures, and sayings that gave me permission to eat guilt-free, knowing it would result in stronger and clearer thoughts, decisions, and feelings.

3) Take responsibility for yourself. I made a decision to no longer be a passive victim, but an active agent in my own life. That meant making decisions that worked for me.

4) Take risks. Instead of isolating myself, fearing failureand not reaching my potential, I became publicabout my eating disorder- I told people about my struggle. This diminished the power of silence, fear, and lonliness.

5) Accept and work with help. At one time I thought I had to get better on my own so I resisted the support of friends, family, and professionals. While it is true that I needed to make the decision to get better on my own, I needed to feel others supported me even when I had to learn by making mistakes.

6) Make planned changes. I set small goals to reach majordesires. Take one day at a time.

7) Keep a Journal. Recording my thoughts and feelings over time helped me see how I was changing.

8) Enter into relationships. I benefited from the healing of friendship. Friends reflected an image of myself during our interactions. Relationships helped me to find out who I was, what I wanted to be, and with whom I would share my life.

By kiran xx

No comments: